Sunday 2 December 2018

Here’s a thing

I noticed, when my broadband connection was acting up, than an elderly PC with lots of useful old software which would be a real pain to locate and install on a new one; assuming it would run with the later version of Windows; starts up quite quickly with no internet connection.
    I’ve got into the habit of switching it on 10 minutes before I need it and still finding the hard disk light glowing because the system is still messing about. Not so with no internet. And if I start using it and then give it an internet connection, it doesn’t start doing all the annoying stuff which slows it down when there is an immediate internet connection. And the antivirus program still does its update when it notices that the internet is there.
    Sometimes, we can find ways to make life a little easier; but not too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment