Sunday 3 February 2019

It’s definitely the prohibition which makes it hard

I’m on a course of antibiotics and the restrictions are irksome to say the least. A pill four times per day has to be taken on an empty stomach, which means that it has to be consumed two hours after food or one hour before.
    Taking one at 7 a.m. means no breakfast until after 8 a.m. (no big deal) and I have to take one at 12 noon to have lunch at one. Another at 5 p.m. lets me have dinner after 6 p.m. but I’ve cut out my slice of cake with a cup of tea at 3 p.m. to avoid complications. The last, at 11 p.m. has no associated problems.
    I rapidly found that I started thinking about food in the windows when I can’t have it. It’s only for a week for me, but this is what life must be like for a dieter: food at restricted times of the day and thinking about it constantly during the windows of unavailability.
    Definitely an incentive not to get fat in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment