Monday 27 February 2012

Amazing how long it takes to do a “simple” deal

The museum, it seems, was in a tearing hurry to spend a legacy before its time limit ran out, and the Picasso filled the bill nicely. But when it came to actually putting a signature on a cheque (or rather, doing an electronic money transfer), their expert got a severe case of the hesitations. Which my expert cured by making him think we wanted to call the deal off because there was another buyer on the horizon.
    In the event, I’ve acquired a handsome profit on my original purchase price, even after my expert and the taxman combined will have an arm and a couple of legs off me. All in all, it’s been an interesting and entertaining month, rather than a couple of weeks, and a fascinating look into the world of high-power art purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment