Wednesday 20 October 2010

Believe it or what!

A woman in the Midlands reckons she won the £113 million EuroMillions jackpot but she can’t produce the ticket because her husband always takes it off her and he loses everything she gives him. Does that add up? Would any wife in her right mind let her old man take charge of her lottery ticket knowing that he’s 100% dead certain to lose it?

When I won, I knew exactly where the ticket was and I promptly wrote my name and address on it with a fountain pen, so the ink would soak into the paper, and hid it where no burglar would ever find it. And when I went to claim the cash, I put an old, non-winning ticket in my wallet in case I was mugged on the way in. And I almost hired an armed bodyguard; until I realized I should go for inconspicuous.

I thought August was supposed to be the silly season!

No comments:

Post a Comment