Sunday 1 May 2011

What a load of rubbish Windows 7 is!

I did a reboot of my computer yesterday and found I’d lost my internet connection. Trying to diagnose the problem using the alleged software tools provide was a complete waste of time. So I tried another reboot. But Windows 7 failed to restart and went into a long diagnosis process, which got nowhere. Then it offered me a number of options, including seeking on-line help, which would have been difficult without an internet connection.

So I ignored all this, switched the computer off and restarted it. It booted up okay, and it seemed to be working – apart from no internet connection. Then one of the staff mentioned that the cable TV wasn’t working. Which explained my lack of broadband. But didn’t explain why Windows 7 fell over and started thrashing about aimlessly and helplessly.

When I mentioned it to Irwin, he just pulled a face and muttered something about effing bloatware. So I’ve decided not to bother asking MicroSoft what went wrong as they probably don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment